The Innovation Intern will have the unique opportunity to work in R.A.C.E. innovation labs.
The intern will assist in the day to day operations of the lab including scheduling lab sessions, setting up of lab sessions and documentation.
The intern will be exposed to human centered design concepts and training.
The intern will interact and coordinate with outside parties including speakers and mentors.
The intern may be asked to participate in projects in the lab at any stage and in varying capacities.
The intern will also be tasked on a daily basis with identifying and disseminating relevant industry news and insights.
• Reports To: Business Innovations Manager & Project Management Office
R.A.C.E. GAME / EVENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• R.A.C.E. Innovation Talent Hunt Contest Game responsibilities
• Approximate number of R.I.T.H.C. worked per season
• R.A.C.E. Event Management responsibilities
• Approximate number of events worked per season
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with innovation lab operational tasks; scheduling lab sessions, setting up lab sessions and coordinating external speakers and mentors, and documentation.
• Identifying and posting relevant industry media news and insights with a focus on innovation and human-centered design in sports, entertainment and media.
• Participate in human-centered design training opportunities with the possibility to utilize these teachings through involvement in innovation lab projects
• Assist with project status tasks and other project management office tasks
• Work amongst other internal departments of the R.A.C.E. on research for innovation projects as assigned
• Assist R.A.C.E. Innovation projects as assigned including organising / hosting vendors and visitors related to projects, testing, or ethnographic research activities as assigned.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Senior or graduate student .
• Strong ability to establish report with others and ability to build interpersonal relationships.
• Good communication / collaboration / writing skills and an ability to work on a team.
• English speaker with good communication skills including interpersonal and public speaking .
• Strong willingness to organise and facilitate people through all spaces of Design Thinking, and foundational philosophy in innovation and creative process.
• Must be motivated and focused, and enjoy learning, collaborating, creating, and developing new ways of thinking.
• Availability and willingness to work non-traditional hours to complete design thinking and other projects including extended hours, nights, and weekends and on-call as necessary.
• Experience on Apple Mac .
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 and other related computer skills required.
• Football / Cricket knowledge preferred.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work Happily under pressure.
• Good organisational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks / projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required. Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.